Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Getting rid of bat in house

Been there, had that happen! My most startling bat encounter was right
after I moved last year. Late in the evening, I unpacked a box of
iced-tea glasses that needed to be washed before putting them away. I
decided to set them aside for washing the next morning.

Next day, I noticed from across the room that one of the glasses in the
lineup had something brown in the bottom. Thinking it must be a
wadded-up piece of packing paper, I started to reach in, and abruptly
realized there was a nose-down bat in the glass.

The bat was dead, and to this day I am still wondering what it was
doing in that glass. Did it perch on the edge, die, and fall in? Die
in the air and randomly tumble in? Fly in nose-first and die because
it couldn't get back out? In retrospect, I probably should have taken
it to the health department (bat rabies has been confirmed in my
county, as in most counties in my state), but at the time I just put
it in the garbage can.

Jo Ann

Andy & Carol wrote:
Naw...He is there, probably lurking behind the drapes, waiting
for your wife put her hand behind them, then he flies out
and scares the hell out of her!