Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default wasps nest

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:53:11 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

On 16 Aug 2006 12:16:28 -0700, "jIM"
wrote:

Thank you. I have sprayed the first one, it was 10 feet high (top of
gargage door), this second one is 25 feet up above garage (need two
ladders...).

What is a known predator for a wasp? Can a buy an owl to patrol the
skies around my house. LOL

If you find a nest too close to a door, spray it down with a
high-pressure nozzle (Little brass cone, $2 or less at Big Lots) from
a water hose.

It seems like the most dangerous aspect of wasps are the extreames
people go to in killing them. Wasps are really pretty harmless,
particularly 25 feet away.

I was working on a neighbor's car the other day. I opened the driver
side door and heard a crunchy paper sound then saw the 30 yellow
jackets fly out. I slowly walked back about 5' and stopped to watch.
They all flew past me and calmed down. We removed the nest and stepped
on it. I worked under the hood for the next hour. They flew around me,
landing on the door opening about a foot and a half from me, looking
for their old nest. I didn't bother them, they didn't bother me.

Zen Lesson of the Day: Become one with these beneficial insects. They
remove a lot of pests which would otherwise bother you.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)