Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Plate Mike Plate is offline

Default Sink vent horizontal out wall......legit?

I recently gutted my entire kitchen and I am in the process of rewiring
and plumbing. I am curious about the possibility of running the drain
vent for the sink up the exterior wall and then going horizontally out
of the wall (not up through the roof and flashing. The reason I am
thinking of doing this is because this is a circa 1880 Victorian and
the Top plate for the studs, is swear, is the most gigantic piece of
timber I have ever seen, they did it right in the good 'ol days! The
vent currently exists going through the roof put all the plumbing was
interior to the wall, (mainly to avoid this massive top plate. I am
just trying to keep the pipe inside the wall and bypass this column of
wood by going out the wall beneath it.

I know local codes vary but has anyone else seen this or done this in
the past?
Thank you kindly!