Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Musing about a collaborative effort. (What must weacknowledge?)

It would be nearly impossible for me to live in the United States
without buying something with "China" or somewhere east of Suez stamped
on it. I recognize the huge socio-economic problem, but it's far more
than about woodturning so I'll leave that for other forums and ask:

Why do you turn simple small salad bowls? Pleasure? rent paying sales,
gifts, what?

What are your opinions re the ethics and utility of 'finishing'
pre-turned bowls, imported or domestic, as your own with and without
acknowledging? Think about it. Where does it end? Carried to an
absurdity, should we acknowledge the timber merchant, then the tree
grower, then the flea market, then the.....
Why? Why not?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter