Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Doughty G. Doughty is offline

Default tried to fix armoire uh oh

Hello,

My wife and I just bought a brand new, beautiful, expensive armoire. It was
delivered, but it was so deep that I had to take the molding off the door to
get it into the bedroom. Anyways, when the guys brought it in, they still
managed to have paint from the jamb rub onto the piece. The guys told me,
"No big deal, just softly rub the paint with nail polish remover." OK,
well, being the dummy I am, I tried it. The paint is gone, but so is the
stain. I know have faded splotches where the paint used to be, and a rag
with a bunch of stain on it. I did not even rub hard. Anyways, any ideas
about how to fix this? The armoire is made of mahogoney

Thanks
greg