Posted to rec.woodworking
boorite boorite is offline

Default Mighty Mite 4" saw from HF: 1st look & sled

J T wrote:
If I was big into model making I'd want one too. But I notice on
your little sled you can see where the blade comes right out the back -
if it was me, I'd glue on some sort of a little stop or something, to
prevent my thumb from accidently sliding over to that slot, and risk
pushing the sled too far forward. In fact, I'd glue a little block on
the fence, so my fingers wouldn't get over too near the blade either.

Yeah, I'm definitely gluing a little block to the back of the fence.

The real struggle is finding good aftermarket blades for this thing.
They're 4" diameter with a 1/2" arbor. There are lots of diamond-tipped
gem and tile blades out there, but Micro-mark is the only source I've
found for wood blades. They sell 3 different ones, each of which costs
almost as much as we paid for the saw. But at $30 I expected that.

--Scott