Peter Barrett

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

Isnt this simple?
where would you prefer to live? in a country with 10000 murders per 1000000
people per year or one with 5?
You dont really need statistics to work out where in the world you feel safe
walking the streets and where you dont.
Statistics will show a credible correlation between liberal gun laws and the
chances of being murdered.
Its all about power. And who you trust to have it.
If you answer this question truthfully all the statistics mean nothing

Tom Quackenbush wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

Richard Lewis wrote:

snip

It's not reported as CRIME if it's not a crime, now is it?

Richard, are you on drugs? The United States doesn't report all crimes to
Interpol; only the ones I listed yesterday. Germany reports EVERY category
of crime that the US reports, plus about a dozen more. Two of them (drug
offenses -- 250,969 crimes, and fraud -- 788,208 crimes) alone add over
1,200 crimes/100k to Germany's figures. (from Police Crime Statistics
[Germany], page 15, http://www.bka.de/)

Let me repeat: There are NO categories that the US reports, but which
Germany doesn't report. Got that? So, are you saying that because the US
doesn't report drug offenses or fraud in our National Crime Index, we
don't really have any drug offenses or fraud? But Germany does report
them, so they DO have drug offenses and fraud?

Richard, are you completely out of your mind, or are you just dumber than
a tree stump?

Just **** off, idiot! You are actually making me feel stupid for
having to fall to your level to argue with you and that is only the
second time in my life I can say that.

I get the feeling you were plenty stupid before we started discussing
this, Richard. You're just feeling it now because you're seeing it for
yourself.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who cares to raise their hand here. Is
there anyone who doesn't see the problem with what Richard is saying? If
you have a comment on it one way or the other, this would be a good time
to pipe up. I think Richard is on the verge of going apoplectic, and he
may not be able to reach a keyboard for much longer. g

With regards to the "apples and oranges" aspect of the argument,
I'd guess that anyone still reading the thread sees the problem. I've
got my doubts as to how many folks are still reading the thread,
though.

WRT to the "tree stump" analogy, I think you can do better. In my
neck of the woods, at least, the tree stumps are blissfully quiet.

Thinking of analogies reminds of the old saws about arguing with
idiots and wrestling with pigs.

R,
Tom Q.

--