Posted to alt.electronics
Bjorn Bjorn is offline

Default Dial type countertop appliance timer for the kitchen?

Mama Bear wrote:
Does anyone make a dial type countertop appliance timer for the kitchen?

I want to be able to plug my coffee maker in, turn the dial to make it
brew for 15 minutes, then have it shut off. I like iced coffee in the
summer and always forget to shut the plate off afterwards to let it cool
down. Is there an inexpensive timer like that sold?

I think this may work. It's definitely an intended use for this timer
but it is large and perhaps too expensive but I don't have the price.

http://www.hubert.com/store/p-detail...9346&srchlnk=3

I know my percolator draws 1000 Watts; this timer can support resistive
loads (like a coffee-maker) up to 1200 Watts.

I suspect a used darkroom timer may be jut the ticket, so long as it
supports the power of your coffee-maker. In fact, this Cook's timer
looks just like a Gralab Model 300; which, btw, also supports a 1200
Watt resistive load. Check ebay for: gralab timer

Kindest Regards,
Bjorn