Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default New DVD - Beyond the Basic Bowl - Shameless Ad

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:24:50 GMT, "Ken Moon" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:51:33 GMT, "Maxprop" wrote:

When will you be releasing your new DVD, Mac: "One thousand and one
things
that can be turned from Manzanita"?

Max

When I FIND some, Max! Haven't seen any at all yet, just cactus and
occitillo...

The 4x4 group says that there's a "ton" of iron wood laying around in the
mountains... sure hope so because they're talking about charging duty on
the
logs that I'm bringing down!
Mac
======================

Mac,
Check regulations down there regarding harvesting of desert ironwood. In
some areas the living ironwood is a protected species. Local turners are
limited to downed timber to do their tourists goodies. There's a pretty
hefty fine for being caught with fresh cut ironwood.
FWIW

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Everything is protected there, we're in a preserve kind of area.... that's why I
mentioned the ironwood "laying around"... you're not allowed to cut ANYTHING,
including cactus and such...

They even have to transplant any desert vegetation that will be disturbed when
they build a house, so if it isn't dead on the ground, you don't pick it up and
drag it to the shop.. *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis