Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Power for tablesaw in shop?

It probably depends on how much you use it. I inherited my dads wood
working equipment, and most of it is 220v but, he used it a good
portion of every day, so it made sense to have it on 220v for the
savings on electricity. I will say they are more powerful than before
he made the motor switch, you just can't lug down the belt sander, and
the table saw is like a hot knife through butter. I don't know if he
upped the HP when he made the change, but they are sweet machines now.