Posted to misc.rural,misc.consumers.house
Ann Ann is offline

Default yard light pole installation

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:47:17 -0700, Louis Boyd wrote:

Ann wrote:

If one lives where service is provided by a REC (rural electric
company), they often provide/install a light for a monthly charge. One
disadvantage of having my REC do it is that they won't put it on a
switch; no way to turn it off.

A rifle is effective. Neighbors who have to live the glare from the
light every night will gladly assist.

And continue to pay the monthly charge? Imo the better solution is (was)
to have it removed. Also, what "neighbors who have to live with the
glare'? This is misc.rural, not misc.burbs.g The nearest neighbor is
1/4 mile away. I can just barely see their pole light when then leaves
are off the trees and I get the angle just right. Which is actually
useful because when there is an outage, if their light is still on, that
means the problem is in the loop over the hill and I'll probably have to
wait forever for service to be restored.