Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Ian is offline

Default Starting Microsoft Outlook - I get an error box

wrote in message
ups.com...

When I start Microsoft Office Oulook I get an error box which reads

The add-in "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\vsolplg.dll" could not be
installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and
Repair on the Help menu.

I used Detect and Repair, and it stated that it was repaired
succesfully but the error box is showing again when I start Outlook. I
tried to find vsolplg.dll file but it doesn't exists (I had have
mcaffe which I uninstalled, so I gues that something is still left). I
have XP os.

Can you please help me to fix / get rid of this message.

Hi Max,

As Michael has said you can solve this by searching the registry for McAfee
references and clearing them out, editing the registry is risky so manually
set a restore point prior to doing this to be on the safe side.

You could also try disabling the add-in in Outlook; Tools | Options | Other
tab | Advanced options | Add-in manager and de-select any McAfee add-ins you
see there.

--
HTH

Ian