Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon Ken  Moon is offline

Default newbie: pen making advice

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message

Ken Moon wrote:
...snip...

2. Have a custom bench/stand built for the lathe of your choice which
mounts the lathe at an angle leaning toward you, or mounted so that it is
in a horizontal plane with the spipndle nearest you. Either mode of
mounting has it's own installation/ operating problems (toolrest,
switches, unbalanced load distribution, etc.)

...snip...
Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Before John Nichols business went under, he was showing a lathe he
designed for chair-bound turners. The ways were tilted toward the turner,
were low, and a chair could go under them easily. The locks on the
headstock and banjo were pneumatic, and, of course, he could also supply a
lift over the machine.

Bill

Bill,
I'd heard about those, but by the time I found out about them, they were
gone. (My kinda luck, like the time I went to New Orleans the week AFTER
Mardis Gras!)

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX