Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ali Mac Ali Mac is offline

Default Does flash banding stick to lead

SNIP valley lead tear problem

I had similar problems (after about 10 years) on an extension where they
had
laid a continuous 4 metre run in code 3 lead, nailed all down both sides.
replaced it with 1.5 metre sections of code 4 lead, top fixed, which has
now
lasted much longer than the original.

The other side of the house (north) took longer to fail, as beside getting
less sun, it had been joined to let the stench pipe through, and was thus
shorter run.

I wish I'd kept a better eye on the builder. I couldn't chase him as he'd
gone into receivership several years earlier.

--

B Thumbs

It's just infuriating. Assuming all the other work they did was OK, then
that one thing, which would have been a tiny amount of extra work at the
time, meant you had to spend time and money fixing something which should
have lasted for years longer. If it had been me, and I had been keeping my
eye on the builder, I wouldn't even have known to question it. You just
expect people to do a good job.

Alistair