Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default not spam, no more phone or cable wires!

wrote in message
oups.com...

sosessyithurts wrote:
wrote:

Its re;liable and FAST a 5 MB at all times My old 1gig speed
computers are the slow down here

that's excellent

for your 1 ghz pcs, if you know the type of socket your mutherboard
has, you could check on upgrading the processor.

I got a 3ghz processor for 50 bux (intel celeron)... what a nice
difference it made.

although, I doubt 1 ghz is slower than 5mb, graphics card and memory
have as much to do with how fast you get to see the data you're
downloading.. something like that.

More like the speed of the system your getting your data from limits it.
Problem with the internet, there are 2 sides to that connection and you have
to pass a lot of stops along the way to your destination.

The telcoms have been pushing this stuff for a long time, and while its
great if they can implement it nationwide, currently its like having a
superhighway from your door to the end of your driveway - then you still
have to take that overcrowded 2 lane all the way to your destination.

Also consider, how fast is your computer's backplane? 100 Mbit, 200 Mbit??
That Gigabit connection doesn't seem too useful does it?

how much is FIOS...$?

Computers are MAXED out on memory at 512

30 bucks a month for FIOS Roughly about same price as DSL way
faster........