Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Mighty Mite 4" saw from HF: 1st look & sled

Sat, Sep 2, 2006, 11:34am (EDT-3) (boorite) doth
proudly proclaimeth:
snip That pretend miter gage thing is completely useless. So I made a
little sled snip

If I was big into model making I'd want one too. But I notice on
your little sled you can see where the blade comes right out the back -
if it was me, I'd glue on some sort of a little stop or something, to
prevent my thumb from accidently sliding over to that slot, and risk
pushing the sled too far forward. In fact, I'd glue a little block on
the fence, so my fingers wouldn't get over too near the blade either.
Of course that wouldn't keep the sled quite as pretty, but up to you.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.