Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Weight of old Unisaw?

sailor (in ) said:

| I just found an old Unisaw, advertised in the local paper and of
| course had to buy it!
| I will be picking it up in a day or so, and was wondering if anyone
| knows the weight. I have to decide to bring a small trailer I have,
| or load it in the pickup.
| The saw is an old one with a big 110 volt motor, and 2 cast table
| extensions.Am I kidding myself, I have to pick it up tomorrow, so I
| can start playing with it. I mean setting it up!!

It'll be heavy; but not more than a fit person can handle. Remove the
top and load it separately. I moved mine alone (on a trailer) without
mishap; but strongly suggest that you enlist a helper if you're using
a PU. Do take some ratchet tie-downs and avoid potholes on the way
home.

Congrats! Enjoy!

--
Morris Dovey