Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Weight of old Unisaw?

sailor wrote:
I just found an old Unisaw, advertised in the local paper and of course
had to buy it!
I will be picking it up in a day or so, and was wondering if anyone
knows the weight. I have to decide to bring a small trailer I have, or
load it in the pickup.
The saw is an old one with a big 110 volt motor, and 2 cast table
extensions.Am I kidding myself, I have to pick it up tomorrow, so I can
start playing with it. I mean setting it up!!
Thanks for any info.

It's probably spitting on 500 pounds, fully assembled.

Take help, and take enough wrenches to lift the top off (one, really,
but I don't recall what size the boltheads are, so take enough to work
your way through 7/16" to possibly 5/8").

With two people, there's no need to remove the motor, but you should
get some of that cling wrap stuff that comes in rolls, and strap it
down so it can't bounce. A bit of Styrofoam between the motor and any
metal can't hurt.

Enjoy.