Posted to misc.rural,misc.consumers.house
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default yard light pole installation

wrote:
spake thusly and wrote:

I'm putting up a yard light at my acreage, and I have a question about
the actual installation of the light pole.

You might want to check and see what your power co will
put one in for.

In my experience the local power companies aren't permitted to errect
private poles on private property, it's a conflict of interest
situation... essentially it's stealing (material and services). But
often the utility workers will moonlight... their own time, their own
equipment... or more likely they will recommend an electrical
contractor. However, typically a phone call to the local utility
company is all that's necessary to obtain the local code info for pole
installation.