Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Linoleum for garage floor?

Walter R. wrote:
My garage floor is not as neat as I would like tit to be: There are
some oil droppings from my engine and my wife's car leaves a lot of
black blotches from her tires when she turns her wheels in the garage
while the car is stationary (she has trouble getting in and out of
the garage).
I would use an epoxy finish but there are some areas on the concrete
floor with efflorescence, which would probably make the epoxy flake
off.
For appearance sake, can I just buy some sheet linoleum and glue it
to the affected areas of the garage floor? Would the linoleum stick
to the hot tires?

Has anyone tried this? Thanks

I would not consider linoleum for a garage floor. It likely would not
hold up to the hot tyres and oils etc that would get on it, and I would not
want the potential fire hazard. I would also be worried about it becoming
slippery when wet or oily.

I have seen a couple of tile products, one I believe was a rubber based
product and the other something more like vinyl.
Good Luck

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit