Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Radiation hazards from inefficient microwave oven?

wrote:

Hello,

My microwave oven is old, and has had the usual abuse (spills,
occasional sparks because of foil, etc).

After a few years, I notice that it heats up a cup of water slower than
it used to. Several explanations are possible, but I'm wondering about
this one:
Is the radiation likely to be leaking out into the rest of the kitchen?
Or is it probably something more benign, such as less power being fed
to the oscillator?

Thank you very much!

Ted Shoemaker

well if you don't see any thing green growing around the
out side of the unit and you haven't developed any unexplainable
cancers while sitting at the breakfast table every more for those
many of years? i would say you most likely have a depleted
magnetron tube..

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5