Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Probelm with new assembled PC

"game" wrote in news:1157188498.840990.72160
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

I assembled a Pc with Pentium D 2.66, asrocks motherboard. Every thing
is connected in right way. Front pannel LEDs are working but when i
turn on system nothing display nor even POST screen. there is no
current in keyboard. Pls help me. I am thinking might be Processor not
fitted properly. Also tell me If processor is not fitted properly than
POST screen should display or not. I am going to change the RAM.
Suggestions welcome. Thanx in advance

Take a flashlight (and maybe a magnifying glass) and look real closely at
how your RAM, CPU, and other cards sit. Make sure the fit is even all
the way, not higher on one side. (I've added RAM or cards many times and
still have to check to make sure.)

You may still need to take the system down to bare bones to make sure
something else is not at fault. (CPU, Video card, RAM)

Oh yeah, one more thing. I have one system that refuses to start and
work properly after hardware changes until I unplug it and plug it back
in.

Puckdropper