Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Hitachi TV Picture Bowed Inward

Pincushion and/or defelction problem, including possible broken connections
on main board due to bouncing around in the U-Haul up the west coast.
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:46:30 -0700, skylargivens wrote:

I found it difficult to describe the problem I'm having in words so
here's a pictu

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2...problemxq3.jpg

The TV is a Hitachi Model #27AX0B and the problem started after moving
the TV in a U-Haul from San Francisco to Seattle.

Is there something that I can do to fix this TV without sending it in
for repair? I'm an electrical engineer but I pretty much know squat
about TV repair. I've only managed to repair a couple of TV's in my
life.

Basically, if the fix is something that's too involved, I'd rather just
go buy a new TV.

Thanks in advance!

I'd take it in somewhere and at least have it looked at - a tech might
give you an estimate on the spot.

But I seriously recommend _against_ getting in there up to your elbows
in HV and dust. :-)

Good Luck!
Rich