Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nick Nick is offline

Default Probelm with new assembled PC

"game" wrote in message
ups.com...
I assembled a Pc with Pentium D 2.66, asrocks motherboard. Every thing
is connected in right way. Front pannel LEDs are working but when i
turn on system nothing display nor even POST screen. there is no
current in keyboard. Pls help me. I am thinking might be Processor not
fitted properly. Also tell me If processor is not fitted properly than
POST screen should display or not. I am going to change the RAM.
Suggestions welcome. Thanx in advance

It sounds like you are out of your depth.

First thing is to identify the motherboard, download the manual from the
manufacturers web site and read it.

The CPU runs the POST code out of the motherboard BIOS ROM. When the POST
runs it usually 'checks' the RAM by default. If the POST doesn't run
changing the RAM won't make any difference.

Have you installed the CPU correctly in its socket? Have you locked the
clamp lever on the socket into its correct position?

Have you set the motherboard jumpers and/or configured the CMOS correctly
for the CPU?

The quickest way would be to get someone to look at it who has a bit more
experience.

HTH