Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike Burr Mike Burr is offline

Default Drilling Spam

Alan Holmes wrote:

"Canchippy" wrote in message
roups.com...

Here is the email address of the Drilling spammer.

Let's really **** 'em off!

I've never thought of drilling spam, I usually have it fried.

Do you cook it before drilling, cos it's a bit soft raw, although having
said that I think it is already cooked.

Alan

No, no, no,

You only drill it if your going to put an insert in it and then
mount it on a mandrel. And yes, cooking it would make it much easier to
turn. Although I'm not sure what to set the old Delta at to keep it
from flying off at 75 MPH. And a face shield would be deffinately
reccomended. Now the real question? Would honing the chisel be akin to
running a carving knife along a sharpening steel? Intriguing
questions...

Mike