Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Kelly John Kelly is offline

Default Damp smell in extension to modern house

Our home had an extension built earlier this year. The extension was to
the side of the house and involved knocking through. After 7 months the
room smells damp or musty and seems particularly bad in damp weather
(like we have at the moment). There's no obvious signs of damp around
the walls or floor and everything seems dry. The room is shaded with a
large hedge running to the side of it (if this makes any difference).
What could cause this problem and what can we do about it? It's not very
pleasant to be in the room.

Thanks

--
John Kelly