Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Removing rebar from the ground?

"Toller" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
likewly rusted cut off with torch or sazall.........

pulling will bend it making reuse difficult

If they don't come out with the jack, I will have at them with a sawzall.
It will still leave a stub, but that won't be too hard to pound down.

Unfortunately my 18 year old son leaves for school tomorrow. I should
have planned ahead.

Another idea: You could use a long pipe wrench and try to spin the rebar
around. If the rebar spins freely then you know you could pull it out with a
little effort. If it doesn't spin try to force it and break it below the
ground.