Posted to alt.home.repair
Utah Utes Utah Utes is offline

Default Water softner questions

Gary,

If I would have known about you I would have considered purchasing
through you. I am somewhat water softener stupid so I would like some
help. Is there a way to verify the the capacity. I briefly talked to
the person I purchased the softener from and he indicated that it is a
capacity of 55,000. Is there a way I can verify this by measuring the
tank or any other way?

Once I know this how do I actually calculate the lbs of salt per
regeneration to enter in my Clack Valve settings. (what is the
difference between 6 and 15 pounds of salt per cubic foot of resin? Is
one better?)

My Hardness is 27.
After further review the lbs of salt is currently set at 25.5 lbs.
I use regular morton salt pellets, not he Potassium.

I read your last post, but I am not sure what it all means.

Thanks for any help.