Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
t.hoehler t.hoehler is offline

Default How fix lines on CRT from signal lead ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Eric wrote:

Hi Jon

As electronic equipment gets older, the Electrolytics begin to fail, the
ESR
begins to rise.
A failing Electrolytic would cause top fold over.
If you look at a typical vertical drive circuit, Electrolytics near the
circuit B+ to ground would cause top fold over,
While Electrolytics near ground potential to ground would cause bottom
linearity problems.

a novel explanation.

Lytics are always suspects, but I wouldnt give them too hard a time.
All but one of the lytics on my 1930s radio are still fine.

NT
That may be true, but today's lytics are driven pretty hard, especially in
switchers and vert output sections. It's also based on the quality of the
lytic.

My bench service on home entertainment goods shows an awful lot of dried up
lytics, and bad solder joints. With rohs, I suspect the latter will become
even more problematic.
regards,
tom