Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default Bowing of screen on Sony Trinitron Flatscreen 17" Monitor

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the info, I am going to try a magnet trick that I was told
about but if that doesn't do anything then I will take it into the shop
and see what they would charge to fix it up.

That's more useful for corner convergence issues or small localised geometry
issues. You might improve matters with a few magnets, but lifting the yoke
should be tried first IMO as it's often the main cause of the problem and is
very easily corrected without extensive fiddling with magnets, which is a
bit of a black art.

Dave