Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mjs1357@aol.com is offline

Default Need help finding a replacement fuse

Art wrote:
Hi,

I have a Technics SA-GX500 receiver that stopped working -- turns out
it's a blown fuse and I'm having a really hard time finding a
replacement. It is a glass cartridge fuse, 125V 5A, has the code SOC
ST6 on it, and is approximately 32 x 5 mm. I combed through Google
search results, Radio Shack, Panasonic/Technics, etc but no luck.
Anybody have a reliable source where they think I could find this?

Thanks,
Art

Hi Art

I see you have tried to search around for your fuse, I lived in St.
Louis at one time and there is a manfacturer there names Bussman Fuse
Company, if memory serves me they are in a western suburb of Manchester
or Creve Cour. Other alternative is to change fuse holder for a more
common physical size to accept the fuses with the ratings you need.

Yours
Mike