Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Set fence post in concrete, dirt, or gravel?

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ook wrote:
Usenet may be fading
away

not if you ask me

google got on the usenet wagon, now google archives these q & a
sessions; thus: Google Groups
http://groups.google.com/

only difference google carries at the big 8 in the heiarchy, they also
allow a user to create their own group, where'as with usenet it's not
so easy to get a group started

I agree, it really is an "on time" source of help

how long has usenet been around anyway? since the days of 300 baud
modems?

There are more newsgroups then there have ever been, but a lot of popular
groups I used to frequent have died. I wonder if there are any usage stats
out there? I'd like to see some historical numbers that are probalby more
accurate then my opinion.

I didn't discover usenet until I upgraded to a 2400 modem. I think I still
have a couple 300 baud modems lying around. I used to use a 2400 modem built
for a commodore 64. I built an RS232 interface from Radio Shack parts and
hooked it up to my PC/XT. Worked great :P