Posted to alt.home.repair
IBM5081 IBM5081 is offline

Default Removing rebar from the ground?

I have seen those cutoff wheels in action. Very nice.
OTOH, rebar is not a very high grade steel, so almost any grinding
wheel that has a bevelled edge (rather than the square edge it comes
with when new) can get the job done. I do more slag removal and edge
preparation for welding than I do making cuts.

marson wrote:
i will add to that by saying buy some cutting wheels for your angle
grinder. they make extermely thin wheels (available in specialty
stores--not big box stores. maybe even an auto parts store) that are s
used for stainless--cut rebar like butter.