Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Set fence post in concrete, dirt, or gravel?

but you haven't said what the application is, or what is going to be
hanging on the poastseseseseseseseseses

Wooden fence around my 2/3 acre property. Wood posts set 8 feet apart. Fence
will be 6 feet high. I'm thinking of a small support in the middle to
prevent sag, as most wooden fences I see sag in the middle of each run.

it matters not really, you stick two feet in the ground they won't
fall..
you treat the bottoms LIKE I TOLD YOU
they will outlive you

What is drivesealer? Driveway sealer? Why kerosene, and how much? Will this
work on pressure treated ground contact rated posts?

WHATEVER YOU DO RENT AN AUGER

High on my todo list. I'm going out today to stake the posts so I can get an
accurate count of how many posts.

personally I think you should keep talking about it for a few more days

I might - the more I discuss it, the more advice I get, the more I learn,
and eventually I'll know enough (or think I know enough) that I'll be ready
to actually get off of my butt and do something vbg --- Very Big Grin