Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Default How fix lines on CRT from signal lead ?

Eric wrote:

Hi Jon

As electronic equipment gets older, the Electrolytics begin to fail, the ESR
begins to rise.
A failing Electrolytic would cause top fold over.
If you look at a typical vertical drive circuit, Electrolytics near the
circuit B+ to ground would cause top fold over,
While Electrolytics near ground potential to ground would cause bottom
linearity problems.

a novel explanation.

Lytics are always suspects, but I wouldnt give them too hard a time.
All but one of the lytics on my 1930s radio are still fine.

NT