Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Essay type posts.

There's plenty of techincal stuff in this group as well
as rec.woodworking - lots of How To and plenty of
How Do I. What often is lacking is the WHY - the
thought provoking questions that lead to interesting
insights, or at least interesting observations. What
is it about what ever we do with wood that fills some
need and is - occassionaly - so satisfying.

I sometimes get tired of reading one and two line
posts - or a detailed description of how to sharpen
a particular gouge. These posts have value - don't
get me wrong. But I enjoy insightful posts that
describe universal truths we have but can't put into'
words. And it's comforting to see that others have
odd experiences with their tools and equiptment,
confirming my hunch that there are insidious (sp?)
plots they're hatching - sort of the Al Quaeda of
the tool world (anyone up for a pre-emptive strike
on Robert Sorby and company/cell? and then go
after Delta! Of course we won't be able to call our
elite strike team Delta Force but what's in a name).

So keep up the musings. I look foreward to posts
that have more than one paragraph. One liners can
be funny, but I prefer George Carlin's approach.

charlie b