Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Load bearing wall vs. shelves

avid_hiker wrote:
Im a litty wary of taking out the studs and installing a header. Reason
being there is already a 6-7 foot opening between livingroom and
kitchen area and right next to where I want to install this wall
shelving. So if I did put a header in basically there would be 2
openings approximatly 12 feet total. I dont believe this is a
possibility. Am I correct in assuming this?

Definitely more complicated. You could have a post between the two
headers, but the point load might be too much for the beam/support
below. Your original plan requires no engineering.