Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete mix help

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
It rains a lot here. Lots and lots. Soil is a bit soft, I'm afraid that
without the concrete the posts would be likely to wobble. Don't really
know for sure, as most people sink their posts in concrete. I think a post
in concrete lasts longer then a post in web muddy soil, but again I'm
guessing.

It may last a bit longer, but it certainly will be more difficult to replace
when needed. Could be 10, 20, 50 years, but it will need replacement.

Will a post in concrete last longer then a post sunk in the dirt? What is
the life expectancy of a post in dirt or concrete? I'm using 4x4 pressure
treated, ground contact rated.

I don't know about the new stuff. Used top be rated something like 20 years.