Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Painting Andersen 200 slider?

Stubby wrote:

I don't really know how to lift out one of the doors. Is it better to
do the inside (moveable) door or the fixed outside door? How do I do
it? TIA

The correct installation procedure, reversed, is simple enough that it
will take longer to write about it than do it. Complete installation
constructions can be found on the andersenwindows.com web site - look
for the 200 series sliding door panel installation PDF file.

- Remove screws holding horizontal wood trim strip at top of interior
frame - be careful as the door can flop down on you when the screws are
out.
- Tilt the interior operable panel inwards and lift off of the track
- Remove the metal clip at the head of the frame on the side of the
fixed panel
- Remove the screws from the plastic flange at bottom of the fixed
panel
-Remove the fixed panel by lifting up and out.

It can be done by one person but it's safer to have two. If the helper
looks like a young Pam Anderson so much the better.

It's best to remove both doors completely and lay them flat on some
sawhorses. You'll be able to finish it in a day if you use quick
drying primer, two coats of paint and start early in the morning.