Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water softner questions

"Utah Utes" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have called the person I bought it from and he wasn't very helpful.
I think he may have been busy. The softner has been working fine, I
just was wondering if it is working as efficiently as it can. I plan
on calling the person again, but I thought I would just throw the
questions out there.

The softener we use at work will re-generate after about 8,000 gallons and
it does not use 29 pounds of salt. Has your water been tested for hardness?
Tat is the staring point you need before making any adjustments. Then you
must know the capacity of the softener.