Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Paint ceilings and walls first or sand and refinish hardwood floor first?

wrote in message
oups.com...
We just finished re-doing a relatives whole house , (carpets padding
pulled, sanded poly'ed and walls and ceiling painted, kitchen etc.).
After the hardwood was done every (and I mean every) surface in the
house was coated with dust, with some thicker than others. For us it
was no contest, sand first, dust all surfaces, then use drop cloths or
red rosin paper. Unless the people painting have zero skill, a few
paint smears and drops can be tolerated and cleaned versus pontentially
comprimising your entire paint job with dust..............Doc

If you think painting over dust is OK. I'd have to clean off the dust anyway,
so I'd paint first.

Bob