Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

Default garage paint advise

"peter" wrote in message
news:TAFJg.9117$nR2.4422@trnddc03...
The inside of my garage is not painted. It is mostly tan color from the
drywall. I want to brighten the garage by painting it white or off white.

What type of paint and sheen should I use? Can I do without a primer? I
don't mind if it doesn't look perfect. But I do want the paint to last as
long as possible.

Stop. First, how old is the garage? If new, just prime and paint. If it's
old, you may find that the tape comes right off on your roller. Try an
inconspicuous spot, and if the tape lifts give it a thin coat joint compound
and let dry before painting.