Posted to alt.home.repair
Buster Chops Buster Chops is offline

Default Well Pump Problem?

If you happen to have a whole-house filter, any chance your filter is
clogged?
I assume you don't but thought I'l toss it in.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I was taking a shower this morning and suddenly the water stopped
coming out.
A few seconds went by then the water started up again.

Then a minute later it shut off again!

I got out and tried the sink. No water. No Hot or Cold.

A few minutes later the water was back on and stayed on.

I am at a loss.

The water pressure seemed fine until it stopped, so I didn't notice any
slow down in the water before it shut off.

The well tank is new. The pump is 10 Years old.

The well pump was not running when I went down to check it. The well
tank pressure was in the middle around "6" (60psi?)

I am really confused. I would suspect the tank, but the pressure seemed
fine up till it went off. I would suspect the pump, but why wouldn't
the tank compensate for the pump?

Could there be some other faulty valve involved? A backflow preventor
failure or something?