Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bellsouth cordless phone :TALK BUTTON ON THE HANDSET

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

You can get hypodermics and needles from some
electronics suppliers, or failing that, maybe you know someone diabetic ?

Not to nitpick, but a lot of us Diabetics are on alternate
medication, and don't have access to syringes because we aren't on
Insulin.

Oh. OK. I know a couple over here, but they both do have hypos. I never
really thought about it. Is it all to do with type 1 and type 2 diabetes ?
Anyway, I'm sure that if someone is enterprising enough, they could probably
lay hands on a syringe and needle from somewhere.

Arfa

They try the medications first, insulin is the last resort, these
days. With the simple portable blood sugar meters its easier to keep an
eye on your levels, and to adjust the medication. Syringes can be
purchased from some Veterinarians, if they are sure you aren't going to
use them to take drugs. I've been given whole boxes of insulin syringes
when on a service call to a doctor's office, too. The nurse saw the
medical tools in my toolbox, and after I explained the non medical use
of each, she gave me a handful or Forceps, and a box of 50 new syringes
that had been mis-ordered for a patient. (They were for a higher dosage)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida