Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Perkin Richard Perkin is offline

Default Gluing solid oak floor onto concrete

Alistair McDonald wrote in
news
I've laid a few "click" laminate and engineered floors in my time,
but I've got a couple of rooms which I've bought solid oak floor
for. The recommended way is to glue them down.

Does anyone have any idea how much longer it will take to do a
room in this way?

Also, is there a better way of laying it than gluing? I guess i'll
lose my "warranty" (like I'll ever claim) if I don;t follow their
recommendations

Suggestion:

Glue 25mm battens at say 400mm centres onto the concrete. Use PVA to
prime the concrete, then fix battens with Gripfill or similar.

Fit 25mm expanded polystyrene insulation board between battens

Nail boards to battens using nailgun and secret nailing

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.