Posted to uk.d-i-y
mo mo is offline

Default Leaky tap - how to fix?

Don't wanna call the plumbers in on this one but I may have to - anyone have
an idea on how much they might charge?

Here are a couple of pics of the tap in question - basically I need to turn
it 4-5 times before any water comes out and its dripping water.

http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pim0316xa0.jpg
http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pim0318wx6.jpg

I had a go but to no avail - I expected to find a washer but I couldn't see
one

As you can see in the pic there is a screw- I took that off but nothing much
happens - the actual handle does not come off.

The problem is the circle part under the screw - it moves up and down - when
in fact it should be screwed on - if I screw it in it just doesnt go on and
keeps coming loose - I cleaned off loads of gunge but it hasn't helped!

(quality digital images really show you things the eye cant see!! lol)