Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default paint can labels

Ether Jones wrote:

m Ransley wrote:

I know Benjamin moore impervo used to list percentages, Id say the 1st
one with more titanium dioxide is more expensive.

The first one is ColorPlace Latex Satin Porch & Floor, about $13 a
gallon at WalMart.

The second one is from a local paint/hardware store, "Best Look
Premium 100% Acrylic Latex Satin Porch & Floor Enamel", $25 a gallon.
It is made by Sherwin Williams (says so right on the label).

The chemicals are pretty simple and widely available. It would be
interesting to know why one paint is considered to be so much better
than the other (if indeed it is) when they contain essentially the same
chemicals.

There is also a wholesale factor, volume buying, etc. WalMart has a lot
of control over the price due to the volume they buy. Small outlets
probably have to take what they are offered, pricewise. Small outlets
also, probably, pay a price that includes some advertising on their behalf.

When our condo was painted, by a contractor, the paint company did
inspections as part of their warranty process. Paint company rep. came
out, after prep was done, to make sure it was done properly. Came out
again, I believe - can't recall. What does WalMart do for the warranty?
Bet they have some real wizards to offer advice in their paint dept.