Posted to alt.home.repair
p4o2 p4o2 is offline

Default Whirlpool cloths washer will not pump out

wrote:
This is just plain silly. A WP direct drive washer has only one motor
with two shafts. If it is spinning but not draining in the spin cycle,
then it has to be something going on with the pump or the hoses that
are connected to it. I'll give you a simple fix

1. Empty the water out.
2. Remove both hoses to the pump. Did a sock or something appear?
Remove it.
3. Blow through each hose. Clear? Then it isn't the hoses.
4. Replace the pump.

I did say NEVER MIND. Silly or not, the shaft to the pump is attached
to it's own armature, acting independly from the one that runs the
transmission for washing or spinning. It took me a while to "get it" so
do not feel too bad.