Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default AFCI Trips when refrigerator on another curcuit turns on

1) It wasnt mentioned that when the circuit trips whethor or not the
frig then loses power too, or not. Does it lose power too?

2) I agree with above that you should put the frig under its own
dedicated line and breaker. Is this an old frig? May be time to get a
new one?

3) The contacts in the frig, from the actuator or relay, could be dirty
and need replacing. If they are this could cause sparking and a
feedback surge being felt on the other circuit. If I am hearing all
this correctly, the frig is most likely your problem, not the lines.

Dean