Posted to alt.home.repair
ML ML is offline

Default Mower Problem

I have a Yardman self-propelled push-mower (MTB) with a 6.5hp engine.

Symptoms:

1) When cold, will start after 5x priming, then dies.
2) If I manually throttle it, I can keep it running until it heats up.
3) If I move it at all, before its hot, it dies.
4) Once really hot, it runs fine and restarts fine.

Miscellaneous information that might be unrelated:

1) I had to clean the carburator last year, as it had gummed up. The
throttle settings have not been the same since.

2) The baffle is badly broken. I say this because there is a rod that
goes from the throttle to the undercarriage to help control the speed
of the engine (I think).

Any help is appreciated.

--
ML